Wednesday, March 9, 2011

J'adore Paris!

Day 4: Paris

Well an early morning journey well worth the effort. A 3 hour train ride to Paris followed by a tour of the city, a cruise on the river siene, lunch at the Eiffel tower and a stop at the Louvre to see Mona Lisa herself, not to mention the Venus de Milo. Simply amazing.

The city layout gave me a headache and the traffic movement a few minor heartattacks but overall it was an amazing experience. Our lovely guide Charlotte pointed out things that were amazing to see in person. One notable thing for me was the sight of Princess Di's car crash. I admit I was a bit of a royal addict at the time of her death and seeing these places was surprisingly emotional. Just off to the side of the tunnel is a monument that has been there for decades however at the time of Di's death it became an unofficial memorial tribute to her and to this day is still a site where people lay flowers daily in her memory. She had quite an impact on the world.

Up next was the centre of town, and it wouldn't be Europe if beheadings weren't discussed. Right below an Egyptian statue is the location where Queen Marie Antoinette was beheaded along with 2000 others.

Notre Dame was beautiful although next time I would like to go inside. We saw it from the river and it was simply gorgeous.

The Eiffel Tower is what it is, a magnificent structure. We ate a fabulous lunch there (Roast Chicken, Champagne and Chocolate Cheesecake).

The Louvre - well I don't know how to put it into words but I took notes to help the museums back home :P.
1) Put your museum in a HUGE, OLD FORTRESSS/ROYAL PALACE
2) Get some of the worlds greatest masterpieces and put them on display.
3) Put a shopping mall inside the building (no jokes)
4) Put a starbucks inside the museum entrance.
----More on that when I come visit AGB

Mona Lisa - is worth the hype. She is MAGNIFIQUE!
Venus de Milo, is also a treasure.

My sister would also kill me if I didn't mention the mass amounts of designers boutiques I saw today. Dior, Chanel, Gucci, Armani, Jimmy Choo, Dolce & Gabana and many more (I took pictures because I'm that nice of a person Angie). :)

Okay, sleepy time ----- Off to Scotland in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have tears in my eyes and a big stupid grin on my face reading about your french excursion! Sounds absolutely worth the side trip! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete