Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London

Day 1:

London, England. A BEAUTIFUL CITY! Honestly, words do it no justice. The buildings are old and you just get giddy thinking of the stories those bricks could tell. We haven't been to the big touristy areas yet, that is for tomorrow. Instead we took our time and wandered through the Kensington/Chelsea area.

Natural History Museum: Impressive but as someone who worked in a lot of museums I expected to see more interpretation. It was all panels and videos, I get too easily distracted for that. However, I saw the biggest, most gorgeous diamonds and emeralds on display in a hall they have dedicated to rocks, yes I said rocks....Stuart would be in his glory! AGB guides would be giving tours to liven things up!

General Comments:
- SOOOO MANY ACCENTS! And surprising not all English. I expected a cornonation street type deal but I think I have heard more foreign languages than English thus far.
- The cars are on the wrong side of the road AND the drivers are on the wrong side. I know you read about it and see it on tv but it really makes you stop.
- Most cars are really fancy. Lots of BMWs and Mustangs. Taxi's look cool.
- Prince William and Kate's faces are EVERYWHERE!

Pictures and more comments tomorrow after our busy day at Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and the rest of London!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I was a big fan of how the roads all say "look left" or "look right"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool Sam! Listen to the bricks and then tell me what you hear!!!! Keep us AGB'ers updated on what the museums are doing 'over there'.
    Cheers,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete